Our print newsletters are now available online.Below are recent issues of our newsletter.
If you'd like to receive a printed copy of the newsletter in the future, please send your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 2014 - Fourier Methods - More Tools!
- January 2014 - UltaSonic Physics; National Awards Focused on the Advanced Laboratory
- May 2013 - What's a SPAD?
- February 2013 - Nominate Yourself and/or Your Colleague for the NEW APS Award for Excellence in Advanced Laboratory Instruction
- May 2012 - A Proposal for ALPhA - Transform Research into Advanced Labs
- February 2012 - "TeachSpin's Hat-Trick" - Introducing Fourier Methods, UltraSonics, Pulse Counter/Interval Timer
- December 2011 - Coherent Population Trapping - 'Quantum Fun' with your Diode Laser Apparatus
- May 2011 - Optical Pumping- "Beyond the Manual - but Latent in the Apparatus "
- December 2010 - Magnetic Torque - "A "Classic" Made Even Better ", ALPhA Immersions, Two-Slit Interference, One Photon at a Time on You Tube.
- May 2010 - Noise Fundamentals - "Where Noise IS the Signal"
- December 2009 - Putting the'R' Into the Earth's Field NMR
- August 2009 - Muon Physics - More About Muons
- June 2009 - Quantum Analogs - Let Your Students Play, Too.
- February 2009 - The Torsional Oscillator, Damped and Driven - "Bringing the simple harmonic oscillator to life"
- November 2008 - The Torsional Oscillator Again, Magnetic Torque in Action, Taking real harmonic oscillators out of the hands of theorists to put them into the hands of your students.
- September 2008 - More Experiments for our new Pulsed/cw NMR Spectrometer. Finding signals from inequivalent protons.
- July 2008 - Torsional Oscillator, an instrument appropriate from the freshman to advanced lab. The first in a series, this issue features experiments for the introductory levels.
- June 2008 - Pulsed NMR on STEROIDS, TeachSpin's new Pulsed/CW NMR.
- February 2008 - Quantum Analogs, ALPhA Election Results.
- November 2007 - New Experiments with TeachSpin's Optical Pumping, "Making Your Spins Follow the Field"; a challenge for your most advanced students.
- September 2007 - Using the Handy Hall Effect Probe; Greensboro AAPT Reception for ALPhA.
- May 2007 - Introducing Advanced Laboratory Physics Association (ALPhA); Report on Reception at March meeting of APS; Comments from Harvey Leff, Krishna Chowdary and Jonathan Reichert.
- March 2007 - Introducing The Teeter-Totter - A Magnetic Force Balance to find the magnetic moment (µ) of the Magnetic Torque Sphere; Exploring the new Advanced Lab Listserv; Magnetic Force Scale Error; Invitation to the March 7 Reception for Advanced Laboratory Instructors at APS Denver
- January 2007 - TeachSpin Designed Component Parts Available for Instructional or Research Projects, Laboratory "Security" Labels.
- Fall 2006 - Contributions from our Users for Improving Precession Measurements with Magnetic Torque, Modern Interferometry instruments on the way, Acknowleding Modern Interferometry Collaborators, Bully Pulpit: Our Non-hands-on Incoming Students.
- Summer 2006 - Adding a Fabry-Perot to Diode Laser Spectroscopy, Price Changes on the Way, Bully Pulpit: Finding Funding for Advanced Lab Equipment
- Spring 2006 - Detailed Description of Modern Interferometry, New Pump for Magnetic Torque
- Fall 2005 - Using the Signal Processor/Lock-In Amplifier, Cricket Makes Photon Arrivals Audible, Bully Pulpit: Re-Energizing the Advanced Lab/Let's Get together and Create a Consortium
- Spring 2005 - Adding Gradient and Field Coils to Earth's Field NMR, Muon Physics as a Hallway Display, Bully Pulpit: Multiple Experiments with the Same Apparatus Promotes Student "Ownership"
All newsletters are in Adobe Acrobat PDF.
If you have trouble viewing the files, download the latest version of Acrobat Reader for free.