Our print newsletters are now available online.Below are recent issues of our newsletter.
If you'd like to receive a printed copy of the newsletter in the future, please send your contact information to email@example.com.
All newsletters are in Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- February 2013 - Nominate Yourself and/or Your Colleague for the NEW APS Award for Excellence in Advanced Laboratory Instruction
- May 2012 - A Proposal for ALPhA - Transform Research into Advanced Labs
- February 2012 - "TeachSpin's Hat-Trick" - Introducing Fourier Methods, UltraSonics, Pulse Counter/Interval Timer
- December 2011 - Coherent Population Trapping - 'Quantum Fun' with your Diode Laser Apparatus
- May 2011 - Optical Pumping- "Beyond the Manual - but Latent in the Apparatus "
- December 2010 - Magnetic Torque - "A "Classic" Made Even Better ", ALPhA Immersions, Two-Slit Interference, One Photon at a Time on You Tube.
- May 2010 - Noise Fundamentals - "Where Noise IS the Signal"
- December 2009 - Putting the'R' Into the Earth's Field NMR
- August 2009 - Muon Physics - More About Muons
- June 2009 - Quantum Analogs - Let Your Students Play, Too.
- February 2009 - The Torsional Oscillator, Damped and Driven - "Bringing the simple harmonic oscillator to life"
- November 2008 - The Torsional Oscillator Again, Magnetic Torque in Action, Taking real harmonic oscillators out of the hands of theorists to put them into the hands of your students.
- September 2008 - More Experiments for our new Pulsed/cw NMR Spectrometer. Finding signals from inequivalent protons.
- July 2008 - Torsional Oscillator, an instrument appropriate from the freshman to advanced lab. The first in a series, this issue features experiments for the introductory levels.
- June 2008 - Pulsed NMR on STEROIDS, TeachSpin's new Pulsed/CW NMR.
- February 2008 - Quantum Analogs, ALPhA Election Results.
- November 2007 - New Experiments with TeachSpin's Optical Pumping, "Making Your Spins Follow the Field"; a challenge for your most advanced students.
- September 2007 - Using the Handy Hall Effect Probe; Greensboro AAPT Reception for ALPhA.
- May 2007 - Introducing Advanced Laboratory Physics Association (ALPhA); Report on Reception at March meeting of APS; Comments from Harvey Leff, Krishna Chowdary and Jonathan Reichert.
- March 2007 - Introducing The Teeter-Totter - A Magnetic Force Balance to find the magnetic moment (µ) of the Magnetic Torque Sphere; Exploring the new Advanced Lab Listserv; Magnetic Force Scale Error; Invitation to the March 7 Reception for Advanced Laboratory Instructors at APS Denver
- January 2007 - TeachSpin Designed Component Parts Available for Instructional or Research Projects, Laboratory "Security" Labels.
- Fall 2006 - Contributions from our Users for Improving Precession Measurements with Magnetic Torque, Modern Interferometry instruments on the way, Acknowleding Modern Interferometry Collaborators, Bully Pulpit: Our Non-hands-on Incoming Students.
- Summer 2006 - Adding a Fabry-Perot to Diode Laser Spectroscopy, Price Changes on the Way, Bully Pulpit: Finding Funding for Advanced Lab Equipment
- Spring 2006 - Detailed Description of Modern Interferometry, New Pump for Magnetic Torque
- Fall 2005 - Using the Signal Processor/Lock-In Amplifier, Cricket Makes Photon Arrivals Audible, Bully Pulpit: Re-Energizing the Advanced Lab/Let's Get together and Create a Consortium
- Spring 2005 - Adding Gradient and Field Coils to Earth's Field NMR, Muon Physics as a Hallway Display, Bully Pulpit: Multiple Experiments with the Same Apparatus Promotes Student "Ownership"
If you have trouble viewing the files, download the latest version of Acrobat Reader for free.